|Reposted by San Lorenzo Express|
SAN LORENZO VILLAGE HOMES ASSOCIATION
REGULAR BOARD MEETING
MEETING NO. 1603
December 20, 2018
1.0 CALL TO ORDER -- Director Wydler called the meeting to order on Thursday, December 20, 2018 at 7:35 pm.
1.1 SALUTE TO THE FLAG -- Director Wydler lead the members in the pledge of allegiance.
1.2 ROLL CALL -- Board Members present: President Diane Wydler, Vice President Kathie Ready, Michelle Clowser, and John Chung. Board Members excused: Secretary/Treasurer Emanuel M.S. Robinson, Administrator Debi Powers was present.
1.3 SIGN–IN SHEET -- Director Wydler reminded all members who were present to sign-in at the back table.
2.0 PUBLIC COMMENTS (Items not on the Agenda)
A member provided an update from the Library a complete listing of Library programs can be found on the Library's website or in the event calendars at the Library. Some upcoming events: The San Lorenzo Library will close at 5:00 pm on December 24 and December 31.A reminder that the Arts and Crafts Fair, featuring vendors from the Eden Area; is this Thursday, December 20, 4:00pm to 8:30am. A Pop-Up Museum Program, January 16. Working with the Institute for STEM Education from Cal State East Bay, The Lawrence Hall of Science, and other institutions, our San Lorenzo Library will be featuring a museum display. Like most of the libraries in the county system, the San Lorenzo Library has a display case with space available for special collections and artwork. Currently, there is a display of beautiful black and white photographs of the tidal area between Grant Ave. and Winton Ave. To see them is worth the walk from the Librarian's Desk, past the Learning Center, to the east wall. There will be more about the display case in the next report.
A member made a comment about strongly disagreeing with the tree policy of the HOA and the County Public Works and that more people are unhappy with the tree requirements and policies.
A member made a comment about the recent Christmas event held at SLVHA, thanking the CEC for putting the festival on, thank you to the program managers Mike and Matt Stuber, Santa, Director Clowser, Cheryl Hoffmann, Diane Wydler, Carol , and office staff.
3.0 COMMENTS FROM PUBLIC AGENCIES (7:40 p.m.)
3.1 CHP -- None available.
3.2 Sheriff’s Office -- Deputy Sullivan ( School Resource Officer), Director Clowser thanked Deputy Sullivan for helping out at the Christmas Event. Director Wydler commented that more homeowners are putting out orange cones on the street to block off parking and is there a policy on this. County ordinance states that you cannot park for more than 72 hours on the street without moving. Cones are not allowed as they are public streets and anyone can park on the street.
3.3 Supervisor Wilma Chan -- Jared reported that Supervisor Chan’s holiday party and toy drive will be held on Thursday December 13, 6 pm at the library. Unincorporated Services Meeting will be Wednesday December 5, Community Development Economic Team will have their quarterly meeting on December 5th at 224 West Winton Ave in Hayward at 6:30 pm. Supervisor Chan’s office was happy to be involved in SLVHA Halloween Party again this year. Village Green project will be going before the commission in January. The municipal advisory council will be going before Unincorporated Services on Wednesday, January 30 (the last Wednesday of the month). A vote might be taken for the formation for the MAC. This is the first step towards the formation. My Eden Voice, a community organization formed in conjunction with Supervisor Miley’s office has been active with fostering enhanced community involvement. They have a new series that they are putting on beginning in January. The first of the series is the Leadership Academy on 1-19-2019 from 9am – noon. They would like more San Lorenzo residents to be involved. Vita Program is a tax assistance program that will begin in mid- January running through tax day, provide tax preparation assistance for income qualifying people. Jared thanked the Board for inviting him to the Christmas event and also for donating to Supervisor Chan’s toy drive. The offices for Supervisor Chan will be closed until January 2.
Director Wydler asked if a resident had made contact about adding a dead end street sign. Jared had not been contacted. Director Clowser thanked Jared and Supervisor Chan’s office, and asked for an update on the plate readers. Jared has been in contact with Maurice Hoffmann and will follow up on it.
3.4 Zoning Enforcement -– Was not present, but reports were provided.
4.0 OTHER BUSINESS (motion may be required)
4.1 Hall Usage for CPR non-certificate refresher course. An unofficial CPR refresher course will be held on Thursday, January 10 at 6 pm.
4.2 Request for a temporary variance on the pet policy. Director Chung made a motion to approve the request for a temporary pet variance allowing two dwarf goats to reside at the residence from February 2019 through July 2019 for a school/4H club project, Vice-President Ready second, the board voted all in favor, motion passed.
5.0 LIENS AND VIOLATION REPORT (motion may be required) -- There were no liens that were released last month. Violation Notices that were mailed: 158 Yard Maintenance, 122 Plans Required, 69 inoperative/stored vehicles, 52 Building Maintenance, 22 Items in Yard, 51 Multiple Violations, and 40 Miscellaneous Violations (e.g. complaints of loud noise, dog barking, items in yard, etc.), 96 violations were closed. Vice-President Ready made a motion to accept liens and violation report, Director Chung second, the Board voted all in favor, motion passed.
6.0 FINANCIAL REPORT (motion required)
6.1 Approval of October 2018 -- Director Chung made a motion to approve the October 2018 financial report. Vice-President Ready second, the board voted all in favor, motion passed.
6.2 Approval of November 2018 Expenditures -- Vice-President Ready made a motion to approve the November 2018 Expenditures, Director Chung second, the board voted all in favor, motion passed.
7.0 COMMITTEE REPORTS
7.1 Community Events Committee -- Thank you to everybody that helped out with the Christmas event; Randy, Carol Haratta, Cheryl Hoffman and Diane Wydler always help out. Earth Day has been started, sponsorship letters are being sent out, the theme this year is “use less plastic”, request for more earth day related booths. Lunar new year is run by the library, coins and red envelopes will be given to the office to give to the library.
7.2 Architectural Committee update -– Tabled.
8.0 ADMINISTRATOR’S REPORT (motion may be required)
- Demands processed for the month of November: 25.
- Street Sweeper: The Johnson 300 sweeper (older one) was transported for repairs additional work was approved to install new brooms and to repair the turn signal assembly. The Johnson 300 sweeper was returned, worked for a day, then was out of service. The mechanic inspected and repaired the overdrive issue. There are bearings that will need to be replaced. There is also a potential leak on the seals of the tires. Proposal for repairs have been requested. The Pelican sweeper was transported for repairs and is currently being worked on. . The county has had trucks and sweepers in to help.
- 1472 Via Coralla house fire: On Thanksgiving day there was a house fire resulting in a fatality. Reports stated that there were 14 people residing in the home. On Monday, 11-26-18 a letter was sent to the owners of the unit expressing our sympathy on the fire, a copy of the exterior modification application was also sent. The ACFD was contacted to request a copy of the incident report. On 11-28-18 the report was received. On Friday, 11-30-18, the owner of the property contacted the office to inform them that the windows would be boarded up pending release from the Sheriff’s Office and Alameda County Fire Department. The owner was instructed to keep us updated on steps that are being taken.
- ACH and online bill pay is set up and available for the 2019 assessment year.
- The 2019 assessments have been mailed out. Payments are actively being received in the office.
- Hall rental on 12-15-18: The rental was shut down by ACSO due to two altercations in the parking lot. The hall had damages done to the chair storage area door (the door was ripped off of the hinges). John and Frank were able to make temporary repairs to the door. Permanent repairs are not being sought at this time as this will be part of the remodel of the Hall.
- The water heater to the office is currently not working. Calls have been placed to the plumber.
- Two outlets in the kitchen stopped working. The electrician made temporary repairs. He is suggesting that one of the circuits be replaced, a proposal has been requested. A proposal was also sought for the timer that controls the portico and walkway lights.
- A request was received from the County of Alameda Community Development Agency to present Census 2020 information at the next board meeting.
- A project referral PLN2017-00248 to allow a CLEAR CHANNEL digital outdoor advertising billboard, two-sided with 14’ x 48’ signs, in conjunction with the removal of 11 billboard side faces at 6 locations, located at 15740 Hesperian Blvd (San Lorenzo), east side, 400 feet east of Grant Ave. – The board commented to Jared, of Supervisor Chan’s office, that not enough time was given for review, nor enough information given to make a recommendation on. The Board requested that Jared reach out to the Planning Division to request that they give a presentation at the January 17th meeting.
9.0 BOARD REPORTS –- No other report from Board.
10.0 MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING
10.1 Approval of Minutes Board Meeting #1594 On October 18, 2018 -- Vice-President Ready made a motion to approve the Board Meeting Minutes # 1594 On October 18, 2018 with addition of the word agency in paragraph three of the public comments , Director Chung second, the board voted all in favor, motion passed.
10.2 Disposition of Executive Session #1595 On October 18, 2018 -- This meeting was an executive meeting to discuss contracts, Alterra Collection matters, and personnel matters.
10.3 Approval of Minutes Executive Session #1595 On October 18, 2018 -- Vice-President Ready made a motion to approve the Executive Session Minutes # 1595 On October 18, 2018, Director Chung second, the board voted all in favor, motion passed.
10.4 Approval of Minutes Work Session #1596, On November 1, 2018 -- Vice-President Ready made a motion to approve the Work Session Minutes #1596, On November 1, 2018 with the addition of the meeting date in the title, Director Chung second, the board voted all in favor, motion passed.
10.5 Disposition of Executive Hearing Session #1597 on November 15,2018 -- This was an executive meeting to address four appeals, 14 hearings, and personnel matters.
10.6 Approval of Minutes Executive Hearing Session #1597 on November 15, 2018 -- Vice-President Ready made a motion to approve the Executive Hearing Session Minutes #1597 on November 15, 2018, Director Chung second, the board voted all in favor, motion passed.
10.7 Approval of Minutes Board Meeting #1598 on November 15, 2018 -- Director Chung made a motion to approve the Board Meeting Minutes #1598 on November 15, 2018, Vice-President Ready second, the board voted all in favor, motion passed.
10.8 Disposition of Executive Session #1599 On November 15, 2018: This was an executive meeting to discuss contracts, legal matters and Alterra Collection matters.
10.9 Approval of Minutes Executive Session Minutes #1599 on November 15, 2018 -- Director Chung made a motion to approve the Executive Session Minutes #1599 on November 15, 2018, Vice-President Ready second, the board voted all in favor, motion passed.
10.10 Approval of Minutes Work Session #1600 on December 6, 2018 -- Director Chung made a motion to approve the Work Session Minutes #1600 on December 6, 2018 with the addition of the meeting date in the title, Vice-President Ready second, the board voted all in favor, motion passed.
10.11 Disposition of Executive Session #1601 on December 11, 2018: Approved holiday bonus for staff.
10.12 Approval of Minutes Executive Session #1601 on December 11, 2018 -- Vice-President Ready made a motion to approve the Executive Session Minutes #1601 on December 11, 2018, Director Chung second, the board voted all in favor, motion passed.
11.0 ADJOURNMENT –- Meeting was adjourned at 8:49 pm.
Respectfully submitted by:
Emanuel M.S. Robinson, Secretary/Treasurer
Recorded and Transcribed by: Debi Powers, Administrator
Reviewed by: Diane Wydler, President