Reposted by San Lorenzo Express


MINUTES

SAN LORENZO VILLAGE HOMES ASSOCIATION
ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
MEETING NO. 1540

September 21, 2017


1.0 CALL TO ORDER - Vice President Kathie Ready called Regular Board Meeting to order at 7:30 PM on September 21, 2017.

1.1 SALUTE TO THE FLAG - Vice President Kathie Ready lead the members in the pledge of allegiance.

1.2 ROLL CALL – President Diane Wydler was excused, Vice President Kathie Ready was present, Treasurer Steve Kirk was present, Director Michelle Clowser was present, Director Emanuel MS. Robinson was excused, Administrator Eugene Osipov was excused, and Operations Manager Mai Vue was present.

1.3 SIGN-IN SHEET – Vice President announced that the regular board meeting will now have a sign-in sheet for all attendees to sign in and will be located on the back table by the entrance.

2.0 PUBLIC COMMENTS - Items not on the Agenda

A member reported that the library will have a “Big weekend book sale” sponsored by friends of the Library on October 14 & 15. The books will be at bargain prices and the money raised will go to support library programs. There will be a prize. To be eligible for a prize, you must sign up or renew your library card. A Library representative will be at the St. John Festival on Saturday September 30th (suggestion – park in the San Lorenzo High School parking lot on Ashland Ave.). On October 1st at 2:00 PM, there will be live music by Mariachi Juvenil, a group of young musicians. The Fall Family Resource Fair will be on October 7th from 10:30 AM to 12:30 PM.

A member reported to be careful when going to the grocery store Lucky’s because there has been a lot of random people hanging out there.

3.0 COMMENTS FROM PUBLIC AGENCIES (7:40 p.m.)

3.1 CHP –- Reported there has been a lot if traffic complaints on Via Pacheco for speeding and commercial trucks. CHP also announced that there will be a child car seat safety event (free Event) on Saturday (10/23/2017) to do car seat inspections at Castro CHP office in Castro Valley.

3.2 Sheriff’s Department –- Reported robberies have gone up mainly on Hesperian. Items that were reported taken were necklaces and iPhones. Deputy reminds everyone to not wear any jewelry that is too flashy because it will tempt robbers to snatch it from your neck; and when on the phone pay attention to your surroundings when walking. Don’t get distracted on your phones.

3.3 Supervisor Wilma Chan’s Office –- Not present.

3.4 Zoning Enforcement – Not present.

4.0 OTHER BUSINESS (motions may be required)

4.1 Update on Administrator Eugene’s absence/status -– Have not heard from Eugene, but he is expected to return some time in middle of October 2017.

4.2 Bay Area Property Services (The Bungalows Update) – Melissa Hajostek (Timed Agenda Item 8:00 p.m.) –- Presented that they are the new property management company for The Bungalows, which is a condo community association being built on Bockman and Via Chiquita. They stated that if there are any concerns during the construction or construction work related issues, contact their management company and they can help get the issues resolve right away. Their company provides full management services from financials to administrative work. They have 4 local offices. They announced that their company will have a seminar on October 28th at the Hilton hotel in Concord. It is a free event (everyone is invited) from 10AM-2PM. If anyone is interested to know more about HOA or have HOA questions, you’re welcome to join and ask your questions. The company also stated that they are interested in sponsoring the SLVHA Halloween event this year and would like to discuss sponsoring the event in the future, as well. A member commented that one of their main concerns is the amount of dust in the air. Presenter stated that they will bring the concerns to the developer’s attention. A Board Member commented that since SLVHA is the Master Association, would their community plans to make exterior changes come to SLVHA for approval such as painting the exterior buildings or any changes to the structure. Per Management, generally in condominium associations the paint colors are already approved by the Board of Directors of that individual association, but if it’s subject to the CC&Rs for the SLVHA, then the plans would then be brought to SLVHA for approval. As for landscape maintenance, if there are any issues it should be brought to the management company’s attention and a work order would be sent out to the contracted vendor of that association to address the issue.

4.3 Tree Trimming Proposal -– Tabled.

4.4 Policy Revisions to Address Tree Cutting Violations –- Tabled.

4.5 Lien Resolution (Authorization to Record Lien) -– Treasure Steve Kirk moved to approve all eight (8) authorization to record liens, Michelle Clowser second, all in favor. (Liens to be recorded for the following eight (8) Accounts: #27824; #32898; #29774; #30237; #28518; #28277; #28106; #31690.)

4.6 2018 Board of Director Election -– Two seats are available. October 6 to November 14, 2017 - nomination papers to be circulated. November 13, 2017 - nomination papers are due by 5 pm. November 16, 2017 - Board of Directors will certify candidates and appoint an “Election Board” or Inspector of Elections per the SLVHA Election Policy. November 17, 2017 – Candidate statement due. Maximum size is one page (8 ½ x 11 inch) to be submitted to the SLVHA office for inclusion in the Newsletter (Village Briefs). Second week of December 2017 – Ballots will be mailed out to all SLVHA homeowners. December 2017-January 31, 2018 – Ballots must be returned to the Inspector of Elections. First week of February 2018 – Inspector of Elections will be tabulate ballots. February 15, 2018 – Official seating of new or re-elected Board Members.

5.0 LIENS AND VIOLATION REPORT (motion may be required) -- No liens were released last month, August 2017. This month, we had 185 violations and 14 hearings. Systematically Violation Drives are currently being done the first two weeks of the month, and then follow-ups are done the last two weeks. We’re currently concentrating on the main streets at the moment. Last month the SLVHA office did violation drives/inspections on: Bockman, Via Alamitos, and Hesperian. So far we are seeing a lot of improvements already.

August 2017 Violation Report

  Violation                              No. of Letters

Inoperable Vehicles in driveway               18
Recreational veh in front/side yard           --
Unpaved parking                                5                  
Yard maintenance                              89
Garbage bins out                              13
Holiday lights                                --
Building maintenance                           3
Working on vehicles                           --
Barking dogs                                  --
Prohibited animals                            --
Debris/rubbish                                 9
Excessive noise                                3
No home business                              --
Other                                          2
Multiple violations                           --
Plans needed                                  43

Total                                        185 

Treasure Steve Kirk moves to approve violation report, Vice President seconds, all in favor.

6.0 BOARD REPORTS -- Treasure Steve Kirk announced that effectively next month (October 2017) meeting will be his last month as a member on the Board.

7.0 HOUSE OF THE MONTH SELECTION FOR OCTOBER BOD MEETING -– Tabled.

8.0 ARCHITECTURAL COMMITTEE CHARTER – REVIEW/APPROVAL –- Tabled.

9.0 PROPOSED HERITAGE ARCHITECTURAL POLICY (update) – Tabled.

10.0 FINANCIAL REPORT (motion required)

10.1 Approval of August, 2017 Expenditures -– Vice President Kathie Ready move to approve the expenditures, Director Michelle Clowser second, all in favor.

10.2 Approval of Bank Reconciliations 2nd Quarter 2017 –- Tabled.

10.3 Acceptance of Audit 2016-2017 –- Tabled.

11.0 COMMITTEE REPORTS

11.1 Community Events Committee -– Director Michelle Clowser, reported the Halloween parade will start at 10 AM sharp on Saturday, October 28th. Parade will start at the end of Paseo Grande at the Community Church and then will end at the SLVHA parking lot. There will be vendors with paintings for the kids, candy, prizes, food, and a special room that the Board of Education and Library will help with for scary story time and crafts.

12.0 ADMINISTRATOR’S REPORT

12.1 Repainting of the Hall exterior surfaces were approved. Selected vendor is Phil’s Painting. Repainting is scheduled for the first 2 weeks of November (weather permitting).

12.2 All trash receptacles inside the Hall were replaced.

12.3 Newsletters (Village Briefs) were sent out for printing.

13.0 MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING

13.1 Disposition of Executive Session Minutes #1533 on August 17, 2017 -– Director Michelle Clowser motioned to approve minutes as presented, Treasure Steve Kirk second, all in favor.

13.2 Approval of Executive Session Minutes #1533 on August 17, 2017 -- Director Michelle Clowser motioned to approve minutes as presented, Treasure Steve Kirk second, all in favor.

13.3 Approval of Board Meeting Minutes #1534 on August 17, 2017 –- Treasure Steve Kirk motioned to approve minutes as presented, Director Michelle Clowser second, all in favor.

13.4 Disposition of Executive Session #1535 on September 7, 2017 –- Treasure Steve Kirk moves to modify item 5.1 to 5.2 and 5.2 to 5.3, Director Michelle Clowser second, all in favor.

13.5 Approval of Executive Session #1535 on September 7, 2017 -- Treasure Steve Kirk motioned to approve minutes with modification, Director Michelle Clowser second, all in favor.

13.6 Approval of Work Session Minutes #1536 on September 7, 2017 -Vice President Kathie Ready motioned to approve as presented, Director Michelle Clowser second, all in favor.

13.7 Disposition of Executive Hearing Session Minutes #1537 on September 21, 2017 –- Tabled.

13.8 Approval of Executive Hearing Session Minutes #1537 on September 21, 2017 –- Tabled.

13.9 Disposition of Executive Session Minutes #1538 on September 21, 2017 –- Tabled.

13.10 Approval of Executive Session Minutes #1538 on September 21, 2017 –- Tabled.

14.0 ADJOURNMENT -– Meeting was adjourned at 8:15 pm.


Respectfully Submitted,


Mai Vue, Operations Manager


Recorded and Transcribed by: Mai Vue, Operations Manager
Reviewed By: Kathie Ready, Vice President