Reposted by San Lorenzo Express


MINUTES

SAN LORENZO VILLAGE HOMES ASSOCIATION
REGULAR BOARD MEETING
MEETING NO. 1579

June 21, 2018


1.0 CALL TO ORDER -- President Diane Wydler called meeting to order on June 21, 2018 at 7:35 pm.

1.1 SALUTE TO THE FLAG -- President Diane Wydler lead the members in the pledge of allegiance.

1.2 ROLL CALL -- All Board members were present: President Diane Wydler, Vice President Kathie Ready, Secretary/Treasurer Emanuel M.S. Robinson, Michelle Clowser, John Chung. Staff that was present: Operations Manager Mai Vue.

1.3 SIGN–IN SHEET –- Director Wydler reminded members to sign-in.

2.0 PUBLIC COMMENTS -- Items not on the Agenda

A member commented that the Library Fine Forgiveness is being offered again until July 31st. The San Lorenzo Library is also serving Lunches for ages 18 and under on Monday – Thursday from 12:00pm -1:00pm. The Summer Reading Game for 2018 has also begun. Go to the Library for a game board or play online at: summer.aclibrary.org.

A member inquired about the new fiscal year budget regarding wages, contractors, collections and other expenses. The Board responded to the member’s inquiry and clarified the questions they had.

3.0 COMMENTS FROM PUBLIC AGENCIES (7:40 p.m.)

3.1 CHP 3.2 -- not present.

3.2 Sheriff’s Department -- Reported there was a small, possibly one square foot fire by Del Rey School fence line. Fire was put out very quickly, no serious damage. On Wednesday, June 13 there was very large sophisticated marijuana grow bust operation that took place at the following properties: 1382 via Lucas, 15805 Paseo Largavista, 536 Grant Ave, 531 Doane Street, 567 Heritage Circle, 1680 Via sarita, 16193 Via Andeta, 1124 Elgin St, and 546 Drew Street. The narcotic detective that was in charge of this operation provided the information on these homes and was certain were the only homes in San Lorenzo that were marijuana growing homes. The operation is so large they were only able to do search warrants for these 9 homes that were within their jurisdiction. All homes except for one was active marijuana grows, the one that didn’t had everyone living in it with approximately 11 occupants inside. These homes will be Red Tag and will move forward with asset forfeit to take over the homes.

3.3 Supervisor Wilma Chan –- Reported the Eden MAC Ad HOC Committee has concluded their work in terms of making recommendations to Supervisor Chan and Miley on the formation on the Eden MAC, those recommendations have gone to the supervisors who will review them and will discuss the matter in the coming weeks to flush out what the exact structure is going to be, and have it before the unincorporated service committee before end of July. Unincorporated meeting this month is cancelled; Supervisor Miley is out of town. Next one will be July 25th. Reminder, Showtime in San Lorenzo is next month, Saturday, July 21st, there will be one more meeting before this event and will speak more about it at that meeting.

3.4 Zoning Enforcement –- Reported that if people are posting things online or FaceBook for sale or to be picked up, it should be picked up by someone. Please don’t set items or furniture on the lawn and or with a sign that says it’s “Free”, it’s not allowed. Board requested to meet with Zoning in Executive Session to discuss violations items that are ongoing.

4.0 OTHER BUSINESS

4.1 Update on Administrator position and search for new administrator –- Director Wydler announced as a reminder that Eugene who was the previous Administrator is no longer working with the Associations and that the Board has been looking for a new administrator for the Office. The Board has interviewed a few applicants and has a few more to go. Once all the applicants have been interviewed a decision will be made for a new Administrator position. The Board is looking for someone who will be able to have good communication with the County and pays close attention to their agenda items that affects San Lorenzo Community.

4.2 Hesperian Streetscape Update (Alameda County Public Works, timed agenda item 8:00pm) -– Reported an update on the Streetscape project and the changes that have been made. The undergrounding and streetscape project was planned to be done in 2 phases. The 1st phase was to do the undergrounding and 2nd phase was to do all the streetscape work. However, when Public Works Agency (PWA) started working on the contract, there were major obstructions for the underground utility. It turned out there are over100 utility that had to be place in the sidewalk and along the street in order to build the underground project and many of the locations that showed in the plans where the utility would go had some obstructions in the sidewalk. PWA did further investigation with its contractor and found with PG&E’s work that it would need 35 private property easements to be included with the project, which would delay the project. Due to this unforeseen conflict there were 2 options that were recommended. Option 1: Continue with the original design streetscape project by securing the 35 easements. However, with option 1, before the actually work can start there will be an 18 months delay and considering that it will take 1 year to build and 2 years for the streetscape construction the project will not be done until 2023. Option 2: Modify the undergrounding and retain the existing streamline poles and wires along the median island and still do the landscaping, have smaller scale trees in the median, and then larger trees on the sidewalk with the beautification of the street lights. Per PWA, the original master plan of the streetscape that was envisioned - some years ago, actually shows overhead utilities and was envisioned to be a part of the streetscape. To this matter, PWA has considered these original envision plans and would like to implement these plans. By going with option 2 the project will be on schedule and complete as planned. With this option the entire undergrounding project will be paid by PG&E and the funds that were originally to be used for the undergrounding will be used for the streetscape, instead. The schedule for this project will start next summer and if they can start sooner, they will do so and will be done on time. These options were brought before the Board of Supervisors and the concept of option 2 was approved.

4.3 Eden Area MAC update and the purpose of ‘My Eden Voice’ -- Director Wydler announced that a group called “My Eden Voice” is reaching out to community members and leaders to get inputs on what type of issues and priority our communities want for this MAC to focus on and how we would like it to represent us. This group has a survey online and is setting up Café meetings of 10-15 people to get inputs from community members and how the MAC is going to help facilitate conversations between the community and Supervisors. Director Wydler encouraged the members in attendance to take the information in the back table and if they are interested in getting more information or set up a meeting with “My Eden Voice” there are contact information on it. The Board relayed to Jared with County that even if the Eden MAC is formed that the County continue to meet and inform the Board of anything involving with San Lorenzo Community.

5.0 LIENS AND VIOLATION REPORT (motion may be required) -- Four liens were released last month. Total violation letters that were mailed out: 314. Yard Maintenance: 146; Plans Required: 67; Inoperable/stored vehicles: 18; Building Maintenance: 15; Multiple & Miscellaneous: 68. Director Ready made motion to accept liens and violation report, Director Robinson second, all were in favor of motion.

6.0 FINANCIAL REPORT (motion required)

6.1 Approval of May Expenditures – Tabled.

7.0 COMMITTEE REPORTS

7.1 Community Events Committee -- San Lorenzo Theater Tours and Movie Night. Director Wydler stated that Showtime in San Lorenzo was already mentioned by Jared from Supervisor Chan’s office, so no further comments. Director Clowser reported that she completed the permit application for the upcoming Halloween Parade event. In August letters will go out for sponsors and donations, and setting up the Committee. If anyone would like to participate and volunteer their time. If anyone is interested in volunteering for any events to please provide contact information to staff and you will be contacted for future events.

7.2 Architectural Committee –- Director Robinson stated they received 30 applications for paint, landscape, resubmission of plans, and home expansion to the front and rear of property. Staff has been getting an increase of application and more application coming in are more complete due to staff working more closely with homeowners to ensure that when the applications come in that they have all the information needed for the committee to make a decision.

7.3 Welcome Committee -– Nothing to report.

8.0 ADMINISTRATOR’S REPORT

8.1 Operations –- Operations Manager reported that on June 11 the San Lorenzo Park post & sign was damaged by someone. The sign was unstable so it was taken down as a safety precaution. The incident was reported to the Sheriff’s department. Bostock & Williams completed the roofing project on the Fire Station on Tuesday, June 12, 2018 and invoice was paid on Thursday, June 14. After the roof was completed Bay Area Climate Control came in to remove and replace the air ducts on top of the Fire Station. The ducting installation was completed on June 15. Invoice was received and paid on Wednesday, June 20. The Office upgraded its phone systems to Comcast VoiceEdge. The installation was done on May 23rd, phone extensions were required to be changed from one digit to three digits. Members can obtain new extensions on SLVHA website. Kitchen sink was clogged on Tuesday, June 19th due to grease build-up; Plumbing Master came in and cleared it this morning and invoice was paid same day. The office security camera has been flickering, Bay Alarm was called for service and was advised that the camera needed to be replace. Bay Area is scheduled to return next week on Thursday, June 28th to replace the camera.

8.2 Alterra Collections -– This year, 21 out of 45 accounts that were sent to collections have been paid off. Last month, 4 accounts paid in full. The Association received payment from Alterra of $15,000.00. In addition, another account paid in full this week and is in queue for disbursement from Alterra.

8.3 Next Work Session on July 5; need to reschedule? –- The Board announced to cancel the Work Session meeting on Thursday, July 5th due to the 4th of July Holiday.

9.0 BOARD REPORTS -- No board report.

10.0 MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING

10.1 Disposition Of Executive Hearing Session Minutes # 1573 on May 17, 2018 -– This was an Executive meeting with 5 hearings, 2 appeals, and discussion of collection issues, and legal matters.

10.2 Approval Of Executive Hearing Session Minutes # 1573 on May 17, 2018 -– Director Ready made motion to approve Executive Hearing Session Minutes # 1573, Director Chung second, all were in favor.

10.3 Approval Of Board Meeting Minutes # 1574 on May 17, 2018 – Director Ready made motion to approve Board Meeting Minutes # 1574 with corrections to add the submittal/signature information at the end of the minutes, Director Robinson second, all were in favor.

10.4 Disposition Of Executive Session Minutes # 1575 on June 7, 2018 –- This was an Executive meeting discussing Alterra Collection matters, legal issues, contracts, and personnel matters.

10.5 Approval Of Executive Session Minutes # 1575 on June 7, 2018 –- Director Ready made motion to approve Executive Session Minutes # 1575, Director Clowser second, all were in favor.

10.6 Approval Of Work Session Minutes # 1576 on June 7, 2018 -– Director Ready made motion to approve Work Session Minutes # 1576, Director Clowser second, all were in favor.

10.7 Disposition Of Executive Session Minutes # 1577 on June 11, 2018 -– This was an Executive meeting to go over legal matters and personnel issues.

10.8 Approval Of Executive Session Minutes # 1577 on June 11, 2018 -– Director Ready made motion to approve Executive Session Minutes # 1577 with corrections to add the submittal/signature information at the end of the minutes and label item 2.0 Legal Issues, Director Robinson second, all were in favor.

11.0 ADJOURNMENT -- Meeting adjourned at 9:35 pm.


Respectfully submitted by:


Emanuel M.S. Robinson, Secretary/Treasurer


Recorded and Transcribed by: Operations Manager Mai Vue
Reviewed by: Diane Wydler