San Lorenzo Express News

Residents Asked for Advice on Sidewalk Plan

NOVEMBER 3, 2004

Alameda County is looking for advice on where it can make it easier for pedestrians and cyclists to get around the Eden unincorporated area. Residents are being asked to tell the county about places where it is difficult to walk or ride bicycles on public streets.

The survey is part of the process of updating the county's separate master plans for pedestrians and bicycles. The pedestrian master plan will consider walking routes, safe routes to schools and public transit, and pedestrian-vehicle collision data. It will identify existing routes to shopping, parks, churches, and jobs that have high pedestrian traffic.

More information is on the Web at Pedestrian Master Plan. Survey forms are also on the Web in English or Spanish. (You will need the Acrobat Reader to download these PDF files.) They can also be obtained in printed form by contacting Paul Keener by e-mail ( or phone (670-6452).